Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nice room!

I had a two-night session with Kata lately... the RP got out of hand. :)  We played in Midian City, which makes a good seedy city; Kata was a he, playing my creepy, violence-prone ex-boyfriend.  Not long into the second night I found myself here:


I'd like to say that that's a hell of a set.  It's a rez-on-demand thing; the best thing about it is the dark blacks.  For some reason SL is always completely over-lit... it saves designers worrying about lights, but if you want a scary or creepy atmosphere you're reduced to asking people to set local time to midnight, and even that may not be enough.  The room above is an exception.  Definitely looks like someplace bad things are going to happen, doesn't it?

And they did.  We actually had a bit of miscommunication; Mr. Kata thought I'd been sent to Midian City to find him, which I was under the impression it was unwelcome coincidence.  So he'd ask these questions about who sent me and I'd think it was paranoia.  However, it still worked as a story; in fact it made it a lot scarier.  Interrogations are scary enough, but when you don't know the answers and the person is going to get violent if he doesn't like what you say, it's pretty frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment