Monday, December 20, 2010

How not to do it, part 3

Last night racked up a couple more entries in the Bad Encounters sweepstakes.  One was a boy who accosted my friend Donna when I took her to Hard Alley.  Problems:
  • Extremely poor English.  Donna had trouble understanding what he wanted. 
  • He wanted some capture RP but apparently didn't know how to do it.  It'd pretty sad when a girl has to give lessons to an abuser.
  • Asked for voice and RL pictures.  Oh god.  Donna bolted for safety.  I really hate this type of guy, who treats SL as foreplay for webcam sex or something. 
At the same time, I got into a conversation with a woman who proceeded to prove that unattractive behavior is not a male monopoly.  She wasn't obnoxious, she was just boring.  It was all "hello, how are you" and "what are you here for" and "anything good?"  No RP, no curiosity, no hint of what she might like.  Advice for people of both sexes: say something interesting.  Start with a joke, or say something nice about my avatar, or a comment about something specific in my profile.  All of those will start you out with a net positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment