Thursday, September 30, 2010

Creepy nice guys

I was going to call this post "Fleeing in Terror", because that's more or less what I had to do with this guy last night.  I've been trying to figure out what the problem was, and I think I can articulate it now: he was simultaneously creepy and nice.

Simply creepy or nasty guys are easy; I put them down, or leave, or mute them, whatever.  As they're not being nice, there's zero guilt. 

This guy was friendly and polite, but basically came on too strong.  The strikes kept coming:
  • Evidently didn't read my profile, which says that being with boys is an an exception.  (If a boy acknowledges this, he's actually well on his way to being one of the exceptions.)
  • Didn't fit the sim.  I met him in Hard Alley, and he was dressed (and acted) like a college boy.  Though it's not an RP sim, I like people who treat it as one, and at the least you should fit in with the theme (sleazy urban neighborhood).
  • Invited me to his house for sex after very brief and boring RP.  In general if I'm in a sim to play, I want to play there.  And the way to my heart is good RP, or at least good words.
  • Met him the next night-- another invitation to go away with him.  Then he asked to be friends.
  • Despite three polite brushoffs, he insisted on sending a friend offer.
It's hard to tell someone "Sorry, you didn't make the exceptions list."  But what I really don't like is feeling forced to be so explicit.  There's a reason most people make friend requests after sex. :P 

I guess I feel conflicted because he came off as nice-- I suppose just nerdy and lonely.  But, I'm sorry, he was also being creepy.  A partner needs to offer something-- RP, a good profile, an actual discussion, even a good joke-- besides their own neediness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment