Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hanging out

It's fun to wander around SL looking at stuff.  For maybe half an hour.  Then, looking at dungeons and sex toys can be amusing for another hour.  But eventually you want to meet people to play with.  How do you do it?

Well, you hang around.  I used to do this for hours, mostly at the Bondage Ranch.


There was a particular bench that was the hangout center, and there was almost always a bunch of people there.  Eventually I got to know a number of people, and then I could hang around with them... chatting, making snarky comments in chat, sometimes doing little mini-scenes, sometimes doing something silly as in the above picture where a bunch of us were all tied to the pole for a couple hours.  Some of all this was my friend Susan's fault... that's her in the lower right... even if she had a pet, she'd sit at the Ranch with her, occasionally messing with her or giving her a task.

Of course I'd had someone to play with, I'd go do that. :)  But there are a lot of dead times on SL, and it's not a bad idea to have a place to hang out, a place where you're a regular.  It'll pay off, if you're patient.

If you're a little shy, as I am, an RP sim can help, because you can RP a non-shy person.  It works!

Ironically, this is something that gets harder the longer I'm in SL.  When I was new, I had a high boredom threshhold.  These days, if I spend an hour in SL without anything happening, I go play something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment