Friday, October 8, 2010

Storytelling Sex

I like RP, I like sex, and I love RP with sex.  I'm an RP snob, which means that at the least I like people who are not in too much of a hurry to write out "you", who establish a character, and who emote in interesting ways.  This doesn't mean I'm a "paraplayer"; I find people who write a paragraph in novelistic style more pretentious than fun.  What I like is storytelling RP.  That goes beyond inhabiting a character to building a story.

But what's storytelling sex?  A sex encounter that also tells a little story.  We're not talking literature here; wer're talking about adding narrative elements that they enhance the encounter.  I've done a whole bunch of these with my friend Kata; here are some examples.

  • Kata was the head of the Dark Knights, a band of mercenaries in a medieval sim.  I was her dark elf lieutenant; but sometimes Kata needed a good topping.  Above she's getting it.  (I realize the pink strapon is out of period.)  My dark elf was a fairly mean mistress... at one point Kata was acting up, and to calm her down I took out my knife.  She essentially dared me to use it, and I did.  Dark elves don't mess around.  (No body parts were lost, but she had some scars.)
  • Another time I played a rogue who broke into Kata's castle trying to attack him.  (Him in this case; Kata will play a boy if you ask nicely.)  I was a fairly clumsy rogue and was easily captured; naturally Kata had to teach me a lesson.  (This was basically a fancy capture RP scenario.  I'm a little squicked out by direct rape fantasies, but I like a scenario where sexual service is the price of failure in a voluntary task.)
  • Kata is frozen in our times to be cured and revived in the future.  And she is, only to learn that the future society considers frozen people to be a drain on resources and therefore obligated to be turned into sex slaves.  Devices are implemented to facilitate training (by administering electric shocks or sleep drugs, or by stimulating the pleasure center).
  • Another medieval scenario: Kata is an arrogant male wandering warrior who runs into a witch.  He offends her and attacks her.  She paralyzes him and then cures the paralysis by throwing him into a pool of water... which has the property of changing him into a woman.
  • Another futuristic scenario: Kata was a trader and bought an alien being sold as a sex toy.  It turned out that the alien had some interesting sexual differences...
With good RPers, such encounters are great fun... occasionally they'd stretch out over a couple of sessions.  They're a partial answer to the question "Why SL?"  RP feels forced and weird in real life, but it's a natural in SL.  And you can do things (change sex, be an alien or elf, have magic powers) that you can't do in reality.  Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment